Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Run Away Sleep

Four thirty in the morning is not a time I often see. However, this morning I woke up at 4:30 and found that sleep had run away from me. I was not too thrilled at this trickery, but after a bit of wasted time, I decided to make the best of the quiet darkness. I grabbed the laptop and began working on my manuscript.

It has been a daunting task, but in the middle of this silence, I realized it is partially because of my expectations. I've created an insurmountable ideal of how it all might work and, well, I have to accept that I'm just not good at completing tasks, especially ones that seem impossible. I decided to toss my stone and allow freedom for my book(s) to become whatever it will be. With that decision came a release of creativity that I pray continues as I push forward to complete my 2nd draft.

I did manage to fall back to sleep just before 8, this morning and had a nice 2 hour nap. Thankfully the interrupted sleep did not impact my day, with my children, very much. Though I was ready for a nap around 2, that is nothing out of the ordinary. I still managed to play a board game, read stories, have tickle fights, etc. I was honestly surprised by this, as I am not usually so tame when I'm tired. For me, it was a reminder that God is with me. It was only by His grace that I had any energy and patience to get through the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment