Saturday, January 3, 2015

3 Days In

We are 3 days into a new year and what many would consider a fresh start. I have to admit I, like most, have already "failed" at some of my goals. Yet, I feel no guilt, shame, or disappointment. As I've thought on my ambitiousness, I've realized that truly, as long as I strive to end each day the best that I can, then it's all good.

Today, I did not think I would. Today, I awoke with a sharp pain above my eye and feeling exhausted. I actually took a nap with my youngest blessing, but still woke up feeling off kilter. In fact, it wasn't until after dinner, that I finally found some gusto to do anything. And do it, we did. With the help of most of my young ones, we were able to accomplish what normally takes me all day to get done. To be honest, this evening worked out better than I imagined and I am thankful. Thankful that, even if my children don't help tomorrow, they did today. Even if tomorrow fails to be perfect, which chances are that it will, today did too, and I am still ending it with a smile in my heart.

One of my goals this year is to count my blessings, taking each day one at a time. So far, in that, I have succeeded.

No comments:

Post a Comment