Friday, November 30, 2012

Friends and Fun!

Yesterday represented one of the things I love most about homeschooling. Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures because I was too busy enjoying the moments.

My kids and I were invited to join two of my friends and their children for breakfast at one of their houses. Each of our families provided something to eat. There was bacon and french toast and stuff to make buckeyes with. While the kids played the moms cooked. Gathered together at a big table, the meal was enjoyed. Then we went for a walk around the property. We walked around a pond surrounded by muck, which made for some great entertainment. The ice was thick enough that the kids wanted to see if they could break it with sticks and rocks. Then off on a trail all around the land, we went. That was much needed exercise for me! Especially since I was carrying my youngest. After enjoying nature together we went inside so the kids could dunk the peanut buttery insides of the buckeyes into melted chocolate and swirl them in sprinkles. They were allow to devour a couple each, and then went out to play for a while, while moms got to talk. It amazes me how well they all get along even with age differences. The kids came back in for a rest and spent their time cutting out paper snowflakes. Lots of creative designs, there. Then back out to play some more.

Not having family around, my family doesn't get to do things like this often. I'm so thankful we have friends that we can do this with and that, with all of us homeschooling, we have more days to choose from when trying to work around each others schedules. We are certainly looking forward to doing this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment