Sunday, March 4, 2012

March is coming in like a lion!

With strong winds and even some snow, March has made itself known. Another chance for winter to rampage, before spring takes over. May God be with the many people who've experienced loss because of winter weather.

We've been blessed to not have lost anything, except our "Meet Kirsten" book. It is somewhere in this house, I just can't seem to figure out where. We still haven't started lapbooking it, yet. I just haven't made it a priority over other school work and chores. We will do it, though! I picked up 2 books about Minnesota, 1 on pioneers, and 1 on Sweden, for the girls, and I, to learn more about those things.

I realized, this week, that my 4 year old is showing signs of reading readiness. If I remember correctly I was reading at his age. I'm very excited. I love reading and am glad all my youngsters seem to too. I don't think I'll try anything formal with him on that. I'm just going to keep reading to him, playing games related to reading, and encouraging him.

We went to church on Wednesday for the first time at our new church. I spent the whole evening in the nursery with my boys, the pastor's wife, and the children's class manager. It was sad not to participate in bible study, but it was nice to get to know them better. I would've gone to bible study but it took my youngest a while to warm up and even go play with something. It didn't matter to him that his brother was in there with him. He wanted mommy! At one point I did leave the room took take my older son potty. When I came back my younger one wasn't crying or anything. Hopefully he'll be able to go into the nursery, no problem, in just a bit.

We were able to go to a science and nature center on Friday. This kids played a couple of games. They got to build little fabric nests in cups to try and protect some water in a film canister. If it froze their animal didn't make it through winter. We took a hike and saw birds, squirrels, their nests. I heard an interesting bird call. Then they got to pet a rabbit, a something little dragon lizard (I forgot the name), an albino corn snake, and a Madagascar hissing cockroach. It was a lot of fun. The girls also got a lot of play time with their friends this week.

As far as all our projects. My oldest has managed to put the second level of paint on her desk. She wants it to remind her of the beach and ocean. It's very cute. She even has a tidal pool she's trying to make. My husband is making progress on renovating the shed out back to turn it in to a chicken coop. He's hoping to order some buckeyes in the next couple of weeks. However, the poor coffee table is still sitting downstairs for me to work on it. Between school, chores, activities, and play dates, I just haven't been able to work on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment