Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Friends of all Ages

In school we are trained to stick with people our own ages, for the most part. That is another thing I love about homeschooling, though. My kids have been trained that age is a number and friendships can be had in different ways with different kids.

But that is not what this post is about. This post is about how much *I* love having friends of varying ages. Friends who look to me for advice, friends I seek for advice, and friends who are going through the same struggles at the same time.

Last night, as I shared my heart, concerning parenting my daughters better, with a group of friends, God answered some of my prayers. Through these women, of different ages, perspectives, and ideas, I was able to receive advice, comfort, and encouragement. From one, I found who had been there, done that, I found hope and knew that the sun will rise again. I also gained insight from younger women, who still had a fresh enough, from my girls' perspective, viewpoint. Being able to share with me what they struggled with and why and who and what they needed then.

It's amazing the people God puts in our lives and the ways they can help us to grow into the people we are meant to be, if we will just take the time to be vulnerable and listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment