Saturday, October 31, 2015

Wibbly Wobbly

I admit it, many in this house enjoy Doctor Who. So, for a recent birthday, I thought it would be fun to try and make a TARDIS cake surrounded by Daleks.

I am definitely not the greatest baker, or decorator in the world. My frosting always ends up runny, even when I follow directions, EXACTLY. And my stuff looks fairly pitiful. However, after seeing stuff on pinterest that I have pinned, I decided to add to my been there done that folder, with attempts to achieve something remotely like the ideas I'd collected.

I used a bread pan, in hopes of making a little TARDIS and cupcakes for the Daleks. Tip... Turn the cupcakes upside down so the bigger part is on the bottom. I used Reese's Peanut Butter Cups for their heads and pearl candy sprinkles for their bumpy spots. I propped the TARDIS up with 3 Daleks, otherwise, it wouldn't have been standing!

Here is a visual of what I ended up with. (That's right, I actually have a picture today!)

 It certainly looked better with the lighted candles. :) And truthfully, it was still good eats. Just not very good looking eats!

Thankfully, it was appreciated by the birthday blessing, who thought it was neat for me to even try to make it.


No comments:

Post a Comment