Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Monday Madness

Monday was an emotional day for me with highs and lows. I woke up with a plan of making a recipe I'd seen on pinterest. It was bread with somewhat cooked bacon and an egg inside a muffin pan. Bake for a little bit and ta-da something yummy looking! Sadly, we were low on bread so I threw that idea out the window and decided to see if my girls wanted to try their hands at helping make pop tarts. They did. I used the pastry pies/tarts recipe from my Betty Crocker cookbook, this time. It worked wonderfully. However, it took a long time to make our pop tarts for some reason. They ended up being a mid morning snack.


Blessing #2 was able and willing to get all her school work done as soon as we were done eating. Blessing #1 was doing great, until we hit a snag with her math. She was doing great at first, seeming to understand. She watched the video and seemed to understand even more, but then we took a break. When it was time to get back to it her mood and everything changed and I just don't know what to do about it. Suddenly she was complaining about being hungry and how she just didn't understand it and how I wasn't even trying to help her. She threw her papers to the floor and roamed the kitchen complaining about how we never have anything to eat. How I never feed her. This happens almost daily. It is very frustrating. I decided to let her have a break.

Most of the day I spent working on cleaning this that and the next thing around the house. Blessings #3 & 4 decided to help me with their playroom today, just so they could try vacuuming. They actually did a great job of it too and were good about taking turns.

After allowing her to take some time for herself, I tried again to help Blessing #1 with her math, but the battle began all over again. I had to walk away. Angry words don't help and I was overwhelmed with frustration so I went to my room where I cried and prayed. We never finished her math yesterday. I'm hoping today will be a better day.



No comments:

Post a Comment