Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Been a Good Day

My babymooning has been going well. Taking the time to really appreciate how short this time with my newborn is and to listen to my own body and rest, has been wonderful. Not always easy. In fact it is much easier to let it all slip by and become frustrated by all the stuff on my to do lists. There have been moments when I feel the pressure of it all weighing down and I have to remind myself of how richly blessed I am and how thankful I should be. Thankfully, my husband has been pretty fantastic about it all. I've never allowed myself this sort of freedom to just take things one day at a time. I usually am worrying about something and stressing out. He has been very supportive of my resting, even though the house is a disaster zone and he is back to work.

Being mainly "off duty" lately, I haven't been out in the barn since I had Blessing #5. Today, my husband discovered our broody turkey hens were not sitting in vain! We currently have 2 baby turkeys and possibly more coming soon. On top of that, it turns out the one ewe we had who hadn't had lambs a couple months ago, and we thought hadn't gotten pregnant, has her milk bag. We should be lambing one more time this year, in about a month or so!

What made the day even better, was being able to take my younger 4 blessings to the grocery store and having it actually be fun. They were so good and Blessing #2 was such a great help. I love days like these.
Days when I get a glimpse of what a wonderful and blessed life we live. We have our rough edges, but really, when we boil it all down, we have so much to be thankful for.

Oh and blessing #5 already has the cutest, biggest grin I've ever seen on a baby. He looks like he is laughing and even squealed with delight yesterday. It was music to my ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment