Monday, February 11, 2013

A Bready Weekend

The bread I made the other day was such a success that it was gone by the end of the night. So, Saturday, I decided to make more. I used the flax seed bread recipe in our Bread Bible book.My 2 year old and 9 year old decided that they wanted to help.

First, we had to crush our flax seed. It takes a while.

After getting the dough prepped and letting it rest, we kneaded the dough.
Each batch makes one loaf, so while one baked, I made another loaf.
Such beautiful yummy bread!
Today is Monday, and already I need to make more bread. Granted we have 7 people in our house, devouring this bread. I have enough for 2 or 3 slices left. So today, I will spend working on that some, among other things.

I was also able to get my girls' room cleaned out and organized this weekend and even started gathering the cloth diapers I have into a bin in the boys' closet for the baby.

Today, my oldest has already finished her lessons for the day. I still need to get my other daughter done with hers. She is at a point where she says she knows how to do her math and wants to move on, but then when I finally get her to work on her math, she gets stuff wrong. I've told her time and again, if she shows she is ready to move on we'll move on. I don't like to linger to the point of boredom on things, when they get it. The problem is, she wants to do math first so she refuses to do her other stuff and then go back and finish her math. I know we'll get through it, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment