Tuesday, February 5, 2013

February 5th

Today, I finally went to the chiropractor for the first time in close to 5 years. Why I waited so long, I don't know. I'm glad I went. I felt so much better than when I went in. Hopefully I sleep well tonight. I do feel more free and fluid in my movements. Hoping to add massage to my schedule soon, as well. The two combined will make such a world of difference for me. Toss in some yoga and I'll probably be pretty well off, physically. I was asked if I have a tendency towards high stress. I have to admit, when I was seeing a physical therapist, they said the same thing. I'm going to have to answer yes to that. I do tense up a lot and worry and stress way too much. It's certainly time for me to consider that even the bible tells us to meditate, rest, and be restored. The chiropractor also suggested a belly support for the rest of my pregnancy, which my midwives have mentioned the last two appointments I've had. Tomorrow, I'm going to finally go get one. Hoping to find one I can use now and after the birth for belly binding.

Our school day went well today. My oldest and my husband are participating in Project Feeder Watch, through Cornell University. http://www.birds.cornell.edu/pfw/  They are watching the birds on Mondays and Tuesdays. This morning, I woke up before everyone else. As I looked outside I saw a bird, I think it was a Purple Finch, at the bird feeder. I spent some of my quiet alone time appreciating the beauty of the sun, snow, and birds. Getting through our lessons went mostly well. Our devotion today was about focusing on spreading thankfulness when you're tempted to take in someone else's negativity. Much needed devotion today, when one of my girls got a negative attitude. I started to pick up on it and then remembered our devotion and decided instead to calmly switch to independent work time. That's where they work on their "homework" and stuff. Her attitude changed and she was done with her lessons by lunch time. My other daughter, however, has been resistant about "homework", especially her writing assignments. After school was "over", because I went to my chiro appointment, they decided to hang out and play. My older son, who is only 5, spent a good chunk of the day playing Minecraft. My daughters have spent the evening playing. I'll be honest, as much as it seems to appeal to everyone else in my house, I'm just not a fan. Granted I have trouble playing games with more dimensional graphics like that, and would probably enjoy it more if it wasn't for my vision issues. At this time, I just don't get it, though. The funny part is, my husband and his brother (who is currently living with us) both tried to tell me how it was educational because they learned about resources and geology among other things. I have to give them a little credit and have heard of other homeschoolers who utilize it as a teaching tool.


No comments:

Post a Comment