Monday, February 25, 2013

A Lovely Monday

As I readied for bed last night, with achey ears and throat, I asked my husband if he would take our boys to their doctor appointment in the morning, if I wasn't feeling up to it. He had no problem with this. I on the other hand tossed and turned most the night trying to decide if I was just going to let him take them or if I would put on my big mama panties and take them. I had planned a great morning with them, meeting the new doctor and going out for breakfast. I don't like when plans get thrown off and this left me restless.

In spite of the disruptive sleep, I woke up rested enough to decide that I would go ahead and take them. I hopped in the shower, not feeling like talking, and hoping that a little eucalyptus oil would help clear me up a little. It did. As I got ready to go, my husband let me know he was going to join me after all. I was so relieved. I dread driving to new places and being late.

The rest of the day has been just sunshine and butterflies, for me since. I loved the doctor and am so thankful she was recommended to us. She respects our holistic approach and is more than willing to make time to seriously discuss, non-judgmentally. The boys are healthy, though small. Blessing #3 is in about the 5th percentile for his age and Blessing #4 is in the 3rd. No worries though, I'm not very big either and smaller people run in my family, although so do taller people.

After the doctors office we took the boys out for brunch. We don't get to do that sort of thing with them often. It reminded me of all the fun we had going and doing stuff with their sisters when the girls were younger, before we had the boys. It was lovely. I love going out as a whole family, but also believe that it is important to make time for each of the kids, no matter how many we have.

Back home we got the girls going on their school work and spent a little time relaxing. Then off to the chiropractor, I went. I'm so thankful I've found a good chiropractor and close to my home too. I've been noticing improvements in the way I feel both physically and mentally. Thankfully, I remember, from massage school, that it takes time to retrain our bodies and that it will take time for the changes/adjustments to begin to be held in our bodies.

I got a nap in and then I decided to go through the baby clothes looking for gender neutral outfits to put in the closet for our baby. I have as little as 2 weeks and as many as 7 weeks left. Depending on if the baby arrives early or "late". I'm getting pretty excited and am trying to knock out my "to do wish list" before I get any closer to their arrival. I also put together our little bouncer seat. That is 2 things I can take off my list.

I didn't really get any pictures today, but am trying to do a much better job of keeping my camera handy. I don't like the one on my phone. I don't care how "fancy" it is. Looking at yesterday's post and seeing all that we did yesterday, I realized I often do way more than I give myself credit for.

Now it is time for me to go make some spaghetti! Especially since Blessing #4 is climbing in the fridge looking for something to snack on!

No comments:

Post a Comment